The 11-time defending Big 12 regular-season champion Kansas Jayhawks are poised to make another deep run in the 2015 NCAA Basketball Tournament with a talent-laden squad that includes starters junior forward Perry Ellis, sophomore guard Frank Mason III, sophomore guard Wayne Seldon Jr. freshman guard Kelly Oubre, Jr. (a 2015 Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Year Award finalist), and junior forward Jami Traylor.
With one of the best records and RPIs in college hoops, the Jayhawks also have a lot of firepower coming off the bench, outscoring opponents’ benches by a wide margin. The result is that the Jayhawks have consistently been ranked in the top coaches and AP polls throughout the season.
As the campus mourns the loss of legendary coach and former KU player Dean Smith, the mood is nonetheless upbeat at KU as the Jayhawks continue to outclass opponents both at Allen Fieldhouse and on the road. As the NCAA Championships get underway, it’s time to put some thought into where you’ll be catching all the frenzied action of this year’s tournament. That’s why the diehard Jayhawks fans here at McCarthy Morse Chevrolet have put together our list of the eight best places in the Kansas City area to cheer the Jayhawks on to victory.
1. 810 Zone – With (count ’em) 76 TVs and four high-def big screens, the 810 Zone is an incredible place to watch the games. Add tons of memorabilia and live broadcasts from 810 AM radio and you’ve got a winning combination.
Location: 4800 W. 119th Street
Leawood, KS 66209
2. Dave and Buster’s – More than just a place to watch the game, this “fun for the big kids” establishment has lots of games, a great menu, and plenty of TVs at their huge bar.
Location: 1843 Village West Pkwy
Kansas City, KS 66109
3. Chappell’s – Located in Northtown, Chappell’s is truly unique in Kansas City, as it’s the home to an extraordinary collection of sports memorabilia of all types and sizes. You can’t help but get into the game with all that sports history surrounding you.
Location: 323 Armour Rd
Kansas City, MO 64116
4. Nick and Jake’s – This trendy and upscale sports bar features a stunning oak bar and plenty of flat-screen TVs to watch the game from any vantage point.
Locations: 9 & 45 highway
6325 Lewis St., Parkville, MO. 64152
135th and Metcalf
6830 w. 135th, Overland Park, KS. 66223
5. Tanner’s Bar and Grill – With eight area locations to choose from, Tanner’s is the ultimate sports bar experience with a delicious menu, and a good assortment of TVs for watching the games.
6. Granfalloon – It may have a crazy name, but the Granfalloon has a reputation as one of the city’s most popular sports bars. A great menu and lots of TVs give this place a top rating. Two locations to choose from.
8614 N. Boardwalk (Northland) and 608 Ward Parkway (Plaza)
7. Paddy O’Quigley’s – Lucky for you, O’Quigley’s Irish Pub & Grille in Leawood offers gigantic big-screen TVs, lots of libations, and a full menu of Irish favorites.
Location: 5317 W 151st St, Leawood, KS 66224
8. Coach’s Bar and Grill – Considered by many to be one of the best – if not THE best – sports bars in all of Kansas City, Coach’s scores with a huge assortment of hi-def projection TVs, tons of plasma flat-screens, plus a hug 50-inch plasma TV for all the action.
9089 West 135th St., Overland Park
414 West 103rd St., Kansas City, MO.
(Always drink responsibly.)
We’ve Got the Winning Deals on New 2015 Chevys
At McCarthy Morse Chevrolet, your preferred Chevrolet dealership in Overland Park, Kansas, a great deal on a new 2015 Chevy is a slam dunk. With amazing deals and manufacturer incentives going on now, our team will show you just how easy it is to score an award-winning new 2015 Chevy car or truck, like the spectacular 2015 Corvette Stingray, or the best-in-class 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup. We’re conveniently located at 9201 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS 66212. Contact our sales department to schedule a test drive at 877-461-6593. For our service department, call 877-460-6301.